Emotional Intelligence (EQ) is the ability to intelligently, competently manage your own emotions and to understand and work with those of other people. It is NOT taught in school. Most people are ill-equipped to deal with their emotions or those of others and certainly not the interplay between themselves and others. It is a tricky business to “deal” with all the emotional “stuff”. Self-awareness is the first start and until recently there was no measuring tool.
Now there is a tool and our Emotional Quotient assessment tool indicates where a person scores in five important areas. These five areas were identified by Daniel Goldman, who researched and made famous our current understanding of the key role that EQ plays in leading, managing, and individual performance. Thus our EQ tool is backed by highly accepted research, so you can trust you are getting a reliable, valid, and accurate measure of emotional intelligence.
The ability to understand one’s own and other people’s emotions in the decision-making process is critical in facilitating high levels of collaboration and productivity and achieving superior performance in the workplace.
With rapidly changing conditions in the business world, individuals with high emotional intelligence (EQ) have greater mental health, exemplary job performance, and strong leadership skill.
TTI Success Insights’ assessments measuring EQ examine five key areas as they pertain to intrapersonal and interpersonal relations:
- Self Awareness – Understanding one’s moods, emotions, and drives, as well as their effect on others
- Self Regulation- Ability to control or redirect disruptive impulses and moods; also to think before acting
- Motivation – Passion to work for reasons beyond money or status; pursuit of goals with energy and persistence
- Empathy – Ability to understand the emotional makeup of other people
- Social Skills – Proficiency in managing relationships and building networks
TTI SUCCESS INSIGHTS® EMOTIONAL QUOTIENT™
TTI Success Insights EQ looks at a person’s emotional intelligence, which is the ability to sense, understand and effectively apply the power and acumen of emotions to facilitate higher levels of collaboration and productivity.
Contact Us to learn more!